Service Commun des animaleries
Université Bordeaux Segalen
146, rue Léo Saignat
33076 Bordeaux cedex
The joint service of the animal is composed of three Animal housing located on separate sites, all located in the northern part of the University Bordeaux Segalen. The "Animalerie conventionnelle"'s mission, raising, testing and minor surgery in mice and rats. The "animalerie spécialisée" provides a service animal transgenesis (more than 90 lines) development of cryogenics, 20% of immunodeficient animals, mouse only. The "A2" host animals infected with pathogens mostly Class 2. Mice and rats can be housed. Production NOG mouse, special diets.
- Small animal imaging Photoimageur Biospace (Animalerie A2)
- X-ray machine X-ray small animals (animalerie conventionnelle)
- Ventilated Racks
- Changing Sation Cabinet, laminar flow hood
- Ventilated cabinets
- Cryogenic Cryconservation
- Autoclave with a double door
Species (mice, rats). Breeding, experimentation, microsurgery
Mice only. For the containment of controlled health status animals, germ free or SOPF, immunodepressed animals, transgenic lines. Xenotransplantation, gene Therapy.
Species mice and rats. SOPF animal health conditions. Special diets, Dated pregnant Breeding (NOG), xenotransplantation, injections, Photo imageur
Oncology, parasitology, microbiology, immunology, virology, gene therapy
Development of cryopreservation of transgenic lines
Development of micro surgery
- Capacity on three sites over 15 000 mice, rats 1500.
- More than 90 transgenic lines established. - Over 40 research teams received. - Photoimageur installed in Zone A2
- X-ray machine X-ray small animal.